Double APEX TI
The Double APEX Ti Package - Doubling the Length of the APEX Ti
The APEX Ti is the second generation of Altor Locks, using a Grade 5 titanium aerospace alloy and our patented folding design, to save weight while preserving security. Easy to carry, the Double APEX Ti's slim profile will keep your bike looking and feeling good while riding and safe when you're done. Our innovative modular folding design allows two or more locks to be locked end-to-end expanding the length of our locks to fit any need.
The Double APEX Ti package retains these outstanding features while offering added value, double the reach and identically keyed locks for convenience.
The Double APEX Ti Features:
- Ultra high-strength Grade 5 titanium components
- High security disc-detainer lock mechanism
- Hardened steel rivet caps to protect against power tools
- Modular design allows multiple APEX Ti locks to be combined for extra security and extra reach
- Slim folding design
- Laser engraved details
- Clear coat scratch protection coating
- 1430 gram total weight (715 grams each)
- 61 inches in length fully extended, end to end
This Package Includes:
- Two APEX Ti’s
- Two newly designed APEX bicycle frame mounts
- Eight matching laser engraved high security disc-detainer keys
Ships by the end of the next business day after your order is placed.
Use discount code ALTOR20 to get 20% off of all Apex Ti products!
Named 'Best Bike Lock' in
Popular Mechanics' 2020 Outdoor Awards
Named 'Best Bike Lock' in Popular Mechanics' 2020 Outdoor Awards
Love this lock. Elegant, clean-lined, high-quality. Form and Function. Love that this lock is built by hand in the USA. Bought the double-pack. One for me and one for my boo. The locking mechanism/key system was a little tight at first, but figured out how not force it, and it is working smoothly now. Love that the Lock Picking Lawyer said the locking mechanism was un-pickable. He reviewed the SAF Lock, which has the same locking mechanism as the APEX Ti. 5 stars all around.
The Altor TI locks are amazing. Light and strong... exactly what I needed. This is my second pair of Altor locks.
I really like the Altor TI locks for a couple reasons. 1) they are light-weight compared to my kryptonite U lock and transport easily when attached to the bike frame. 2) They are easy to wrap around posts, fences, etc. and the fact you don't need a key to lock them makes it very quick and easy. It's also great you can attach 2 together with the same key when my wife and I ride together and need a larger length to accommodate both bikes.
A couple pieces of feedback after using for several weeks now:
1. It would be great to have these certified to really understand the protection you have. I still keep my Kryptonite (Gold) and use it when there is any doubt I'm going to have my bike in a high traffic or suspicious area. I don't have confidence in the level of protection I'm getting, though I'm guessing these would meet the silver level.
2. If the locking mechanism could be designed to insert the key in either side of the lock that would be great. I find myself easily locking up my bike with the lock position facing down only to regret it when I have to unlock it and struggle to get the key in, often having to lay on the ground to find the right position to fit the key.
Won't Weigh You Down. An APEX Ti weighs 715 grams or ~1.5 lbs which is about half the weight of standard bike lock.
GRADE 5 TITANIUM
A Better Material, A Better Lock. Using titanium allows us to make a lock the fraction of the weight of a traditional U-Lock while still protecting against the most common bike theft tools.
Hardened Steel Reinforcements. Our patented joint design features hardened steel washers and rivet caps to help defend against power tools.
Easy To Carry. The APEX Ti is the only folding titanium lock, making it the ideal lock for carrying, and each lock comes with a frame mount.
See Ways to Carry
Easy to Carry
Each lock comes with a frame mount for easy carrying. Our APEX Ti features a brand new mount design.
More Design Details
Push Button Locking
Our best-in-class disc detainer mechanism prevents against lock picks and closes with a simple push. You'll only need your key to unlock this lock. Laser engraved details finish it off.
Using titanium allows us to make a lock the fraction of the weight of a traditional U-Lock while still protecting against the most common bike theft tools.